22 Jul Virtual IMPACT – Day Ten
Date/Time:07/22/2021 | 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thank you for your interest in registering for Virtual IMPACT training with Families 4 Families! We are so happy to have you join us and are looking forward to walking with you through your journey as a foster family.
In light of COVID-19 and current social distancing recommendations, Families 4 Families has been given approval to host IMPACT in an online format. We have tried to make accommodations and policies that we believe will best allow us as an agency to equip you well to be a foster parent and to make sure you are able to get as much out of this online format as you would if you attended IMPACT in a classroom.
We’ve scheduled these classes later in the evening in the hopes that if you have little ones at home with you they might already be in bed so that you can attend the sessions with less distractions. We recognize that in this time of extended social distancing it is more difficult to properly supervise your children and attend classes at the same time and hope this will allow you to do both more easily.
By participating in Virtual IMPACT, you are agreeing to abide by the following expectations for
participation and engagement:
- Actively participating in the sessions by responding to questions asked by the Facilitator in the chat box feature and verbally when appropriate.
- Keeping your audio on “mute” unless asking/answering a question so that everyone can hear the Facilitator with as little background noise as possible.
- Keeping your video turned “on” to confirm that participants are present. This does not mean that participants are never allowed to leave their seats for occasional restroom or snack breaks or to quickly tend to children’s needs. We just need participants to be present the majority of the time to ensure that each participant is paying attention and not working on other tasks (watching TV, texting, sleeping, etc.) during each session so that everyone receives the proper training.
- Having paper, pens, and markers nearby to participate in occasional activities with the Facilitator.
- Even though this class allows you to conveniently attend from your home, you still need to behave as though you are in a classroom setting. This means no driving, walking around your home completing other tasks, or sitting/laying in your bed. Please also be sure to wear appropriate clothing as you would to attend a class in person.
If you are not compliant with any of these expectations, we will privately message you to address it. If it continues to be an issue, you will be put into the waiting room and will not receive credit for that night’s class.
Any sessions that are missed will need to be made up prior to final approval as a foster family. The maximum number of sessions you can miss is two unless given prior approval from Families 4 Families.
In order to be registered for IMPACT you must have completed your fingerprints and your CPS screenings. You must be registered by March 5th to allow us enough time to mail you a participant binder.
We are so thankful for your willingness to serve children and families from hard places
during this unprecedented time and are looking forward to getting to know you better
over the coming weeks. Please let us know if you have any questions.
***Please note that before you can attend IMPACT you have to attend an Information Session.***
***Beginning September 8th, 2020, if you live in the following counties you are required to take a new version of foster parent training called NTDC that is being piloted in these counties: Henry, Butts, Spalding, Lamar, Pike, Upson, Fayette, Coweta, Meriwether, Troup, Heard, Carroll. Please view our calendar to see when we have scheduled NTDC trainings.***
For additional information please email Claire Tidwell at email@example.com