15 May Online IMPACT – Day Eight
Date/Time:05/15/2020 | 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thank you for your interest in registering for Online IMPACT training with Families4Families! We are so happy to have you join us and are looking forward to walking with you through your journey as a foster
In light of COVID-19 and current social distancing requirements, Families4Families is piloting an online IMPACT format via Zoom which will allow families to continue in their home study process in a responsible way. As we have been planning for this and thinking through the logistics we’ve tried to make accommodations and policies that we believe will best allow us as an agency to equip you well and make sure you are able to get as much out of this online format as you would if you attended IMPACT in a classroom.
The sessions for this IMPACT cohort are as follows:
Thursday, April 30, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Friday, May 1, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Saturday, May 2, 2020 – 7:30-10:30pm
Thursday, May 7, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Friday, May 8, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Saturday, May 9, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Thursday, May 14, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Friday, May 15, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
Saturday, May 16, 2020 – 7:30pm-10:30pm
Sunday, May 17, 2020 – 8pm-10pm
We’ve scheduled these classes later in the evening in the hopes that if you have little ones at home with you they might already be in bed so that you can attend the sessions with less distractions. We recognize that in this time of extended social distancing it is more difficult to properly supervise your children and attend classes at the same time and hope this will allow you to do both more easily.
By participating in this pilot, you are agreeing to abide by the following expectations for
participation and engagement:
● Actively participating in the sessions by responding to questions asked by the Facilitator in the chat box feature.
● Using the “Raise Your Hand” feature to indicate you need clarification on a topic.
● Keeping your audio on “mute” unless asking a question so that everyone can hear the Facilitator with as little background noise as possible.
● Keeping your video turned “on” to confirm that participants are present. This does not mean that participants are never allowed to leave their seats for occasional restroom or snack breaks or to tend to children’s needs. We encourage you to take care of yourself and your children as you need to during each session! We
just need participants to be present the majority of the time and to make sure that each participant is paying attention and not working on other tasks during each session.
● Having paper, pens, and markers nearby to participate in occasional activities
with the Facilitator.
Any sessions that are missed will need to be made up prior to final approval as a foster
family. The maximum number of sessions you can miss is two unless given prior
approval from Families4Families.
We are so thankful for your willingness to serve children and families from hard places
during this unprecedented time and are looking forward to getting to know you better
over the coming weeks. Please let us know if you have any questions.
***Please note that before you can attend IMPACT you have to attend an Information Session.
For additional information please email Claire Tidwell at firstname.lastname@example.org